1) St. Johns University intends to sell its building at 101 Murray Street. It’s likely to convert to residential.
2) WeWork has leased 120,537 square feet at 222 & 195 Broadway. Both are now fully leased with a wide landscape of media tenants including Harper Collins, Conde Nast, The Knot and Thompson Reuters. All have relocated from Midtown and Midtown South bandwagons in favor of the Financial District! More relocations will be announced soon!
3) The MTA released several images of the Fulton Center indicating great progress as it comes ever closer to its June 2014 opening.
4) A 30-story, mixed-use project at 113 Nassau will hit the market in Spring, 2014! The mixed-use project will be called The Lara and will contain 168 rental homes, and include 30,000 square feet of office space and 5,000 square feet of retail. There is apparent interest in the office space from schools and in the retail space from restaurants.
5) Governors Island’s highly anticipated overhaul into becoming Downtown’s Central Park and a year-round destination with expansive new public spaces and redeveloped cultural and commercial buildings is well underway. This article is a great summary and timetable of what’s going on!