Starting August 2nd, our labor and delivery unit will have a new home —
Just across the street—at the NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns, located in the NewYork-Presbyterian David H. Koch Center at 1283 York Avenue.
The move to our brand new space will not affect our Weill Cornell Medicine affiliation, the insurance plans we accept, or the availability of your electronic medical records and test results. In our new space, we will continue to provide the state-of-the-art care you’ve come to expect. We remain committed to the healthcare needs of pregnant women and their babies.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns will include:
A State-of-the-Art Facility
NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns will feature the latest equipment in a setting designed with mothers and babies in mind, including:
- 75 private antepartum and postpartum rooms
- A 20-bed triage suite, where our staff will greet you and assess your needs
- 16 labor and delivery rooms and five operating rooms (for C-sections), including a fully equipped operating room featuring a portable CT scanner, ultrasound, and the ability to perform emergency, complex, routine, and planned surgeries
- 8 private antepartum testing rooms
- 15 ultrasound rooms to perform onsite prenatal diagnosis and treatment
75 new private postpartum and antepartum rooms
A Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit—New York City’s first NICU equipped with both an MRI and an operating room.
One-stop care with onsite prenatal diagnosis and treatment of a variety of conditions.
Increased coordination of care with our Integrative Health and Wellbeing team, including access to onsite services such as prenatal massage and nutrition consultations.
Here’s what else you need to know
If you’re scheduled for a routine visit, you’ll continue receiving care at your usual practice location.
- Women who go into labor on or after August 2, 2020, should report to the new Hospital located at 1283 York Avenue.
2. Women who go into labor before August 2, 2020, should report to Labor and Delivery at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center located at 525 East 68th Street.
We look forward to introducing you to the NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns. Thank you for your trust in our care and expertise.
Laura E. Riley, M.D.
Obstetrician and Gynecologist-in-Chief at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Weill Cornell Medicine