As the spring graces us with its good weather, Lavazza shares with us three of their favorite recipes for this season. The affogato, served at NYC’s iconic Eataly, along with two DIY drinks, can satisfy you any time of the day.
Looking to spice things up with a bit of liquor? Make yourself a Lavazza Coffeetail No. 51. This special drink mixes our need for caffeine with our love for alcohol.
- 3 parts ginger ale
- 2 parts cold brew coffee concentrate
- 2/3 part vodka
- Splash of Grand Marnier
- Splash of simple syrup
- Sliced lemon, orange and cucumber
- Maraschino cherries
- Fresh mint
- Fill a 12 oz. glass with ice
- In a shaker, combine cold brew, Grand Marnier, vodka and syrup; pour over the ice
- Top with ginger ale
- Decorate with wheel or slices of orange and/or a lemon
- Skewer cherries and cucumber wedge
- Garnish with mint
Feeling fruity? Make a mid-day drink with Lavazza’s Strawberry and Meringue Smoothie.
- 6-8 ice cubes
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons espresso
- 2.5 tablespoons whipped cream
- 0.3 oz meringue
- To garnish: 0.1 oz meringue and 1 teaspoon strawberry syrup
- Prepare a short espresso.
- Place the ice directly into the mixer, along with the ice cream, fresh strawberries, and espresso
- Mix at high speed: the smoothie be thick, and not get too liquid. To reach the ideal consistency, stop the mixer every so often and stir the smoothie with a spoon to avoid lumps.
- Crush the meringue and stir it into the smoothie with a long spoon.
Or maybe you just need a morning boost. If so, make yourself Lavazza’s iconic affogato. Espresso to wake you up with a scoop of ice cream to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 scoop vanilla or hazelnut gelato
- ¼ cup hot Lavazza espresso
- Optional: ¼ cup hazelnut liqueur
- Scoop the gelato into a serving bowl, glass, or coffee cup
- Stir the hot espresso and hazelnut liqueur (if using) together
- Pour the mixture over the gelato
- Serve immediately
These springtime recipes featuring a jolt of caffeine in each are the perfect way to welcome this warm weather. Simple ingredients and easy to make, there is no excuse not to try these innovative drinks.
(Note: the drink shown above is not offered in the US)