In the past, there were many people having wardrobes made up of a small selection of staple colors. This included clothing for going out on social events, going for casual days out, and going to work. Colors such as grey, black, white and brown often dominated the typical wardrobe, and only the wealthy and flamboyant tended to wear anything outside of this color range.
Thankfully, things have changed dramatically over more recent years when it comes to the world of fashion with factors such as the use of synthetic dyes and pattern designs enabling us to enjoy far more color and excitement when it comes to what we wear. Specialist retailers offers more choice than ever along with some great offers such as the variety from Laura Ashley deals available to those looking for high quality fashion at affordable prices. Further discounts can be enjoyed at retailers like Laura Ashley by using discount VoucherBin, which means that creating a wardrobe with far more color is both simple and affordable.
Tips to help you brighten up your wardrobe
Having a wardrobe filled with a variety of different colors means that you can dress for every occasion. Find something that is suited to both the season and your skin tone. Gone are the days of drab colors and subtle designs — these days we love to wear clothes that are vibrant, bold, and colorful. If you are looking for some tips to help introduce more color to your wardrobe, here are some ideas that can be of great help:
- Analyze what suits you: Most people will know that there are some colors that look great on them and others that don’t. There are a number of factors that can determine which colors are going to look good on you including your eye color, your skin tone and even your weight/height. Take some time to analyze yourself to work out what colors are likely to suit you.
- Add colorful accessories: When you are thinking about adding color to your wardrobe, don’t just focus on your clothes. Make sure you add splashes of color with accessories such as handbags, scarves, gloves, and footwear. For instance, rather than going for traditional brown or black handbags, try adding a green or red one to your collection to add a colorful twist to your outfit. Even colorful jewelry to accessorize your outfits can add subtle yet very effective color.
- Mix and match: Having a colorful wardrobe is great but you need to be careful of crossing the line and going over the top. To avoid this make sure you look at mixing and matching colors properly. For example, match a vibrant red top with a smart pair of black trousers for a great finish or buy a colorful pair of jeans to team up with a more understated top.
- Remember to be versatile: When you are choosing clothing for your wardrobe you need to make sure that you choose clothes that are versatile. This will make it far easier to mix and match, as mentioned above, so that you can create complete outfits that combine traditional with vibrancy and color.
- Benefit from prints: In order to add more color to your wardrobe, make sure you don’t forget about print designs for tops and dresses. While solid colors are great for adding different colors to your wardrobe, prints often enable you to enjoy a range of different colors in one. Prints are especially great for the summer particularly if you go for bold and colorful patterns.
- Use different shades to create outfits: A number of individuals are keen on a particular color or a handful of different colors and tend to stick with them. One way in which you can add more color and depth to your wardrobe without giving up on wearing your favorite outfits is by opting for different shades of a color. This will enable you to add different accents to your outfit, will create depth and interest, and enables you to continue wearing your favorite colors.
- Experiment with color: A lot of people are afraid of trying out different colors when it comes to our clothing and accessories. This could be because we feel that colors may clash or simply won’t suit us. However, the only way to be sure of just how different colors will look together is to experiment. Therefore, take the time to try out different shades and colors together to see which ones really work for you.
With these tips, you can look forward to having a wardrobe that not only has everything you need for different occasions but also enables you to enjoy a color rainbow.