Image: Randy Lemoine
One the most important American holidays, Independence Day, is coming up and alluring New Yorkers all around to enjoy the stunning and traditional show of fireworks all throughout the evening. But believe it or not, fireworks are just a compliment to the many ways you can have fun on the 4th of July. Here are some fun and stylish parties and MUST go events in Lower Manhattan that’ll make your Friday better than you could imagine.
1. Cocktail-Dancing-Firework Party at The Standard Hotel. The Standard Hotel is hosting a cocktail-dancing-firework party on its breathtaking terrace, starting at 3pm and ending at 2am. The host incites all guests to not forget their swimsuits in case you feel the urge to dip into the hot tub. If you do forget, don’t panic! The hotel is furnished with swimsuit vending machines.
2. Rooftop Party at Mondrian SoHo Hotel. If hanging out on rooftops is more of your thing, than you’ll love the Sonny’s Soda Shoppe at the Mondrian SoHo Hotel. Synthetic grass covers the floor and a desirable view of downtown abounds from every angle. Relax and get comfy as you’re served rosé wine and Italian hors d’oeuvres from 7pm to 12:30am.
3. 360-degree Party at Gansevoort Hotel. You can find another Independence Day bash at the Gansevoort Hotel. Held at the Plunge Bar and Lounge, this party offers a 360-degree view of the NYC skyline and Hudson River. The fun starts at 7pm, including unlimited drinks, an all-American bistro serving BLT lobster rolls, and much more.
4. Boat Party on the South Street Seaport, Clipper City Boat. You don’t need to be standing on firm ground to have a good view when the night sky lights up. Test the waters on the Clipper City Boat. The ship sets sail at 5:30pm and will remain at sea for a little more than 5 hours; tickets include BBQ and a champagne open bar.
5. Beer Pong and BBQ Celebration at Rochelle’s. This year’s Independence Day falls on the same weekend as the 2014 World Cup final. To celebrate these two fundamental events Rochelle’s organized a weekend that’s truly American: BBQ and Beer Pong. The party will start on 4th of July and run through to the 6th, so we can celebrate all weekend long.
We’ve given you a handful of unique ideas, now its up to you to choose your favorite. Mix up your 4th of July and enjoy this Independence Day like never before.