Downtown Lifestyle and Family Editor, Denise Courter shares a fun, family-friendly campaign as the Wildlife Conservation Society Announces 120 Ways #NYisWild:
The Wildlife Conservation Society is a wonderful resource for New York families. My kids and I have loved visiting some of their amazing destinations including the Bronx Zoo and the Central Park Zoo. But, did you know that they also operate the New York Aquarium, Prospect Park Zoo, and the Queens Zoo?
This summer, the Bronx Zoo will turn NYC into a city-wide social photo safari by inviting participants to learn about “120 Ways #NYisWild.” The more people share their in-park photos using the #NYisWild hashtag, the more chances they have to win a trip to Belize, where the Wildlife Conservation Society conducts conservation work. Downtown Magazine is also has insight on a 20% discount available for tickets purchased through NYisWild.com.
The “120” acknowledges and celebrates 120 years of conservation since the founding of this organization, and 100 of the 120 ways take place in WCS parks: Bronx Zoo, the New York Aquarium, Central Park Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo & Queens Zoo.
Editor Tips for the NYisWild Campaign:
- To celebrate the 120thanniversary of the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), a city-wide campaign called #NYisWild is turning our concrete jungle into a summer-long photo safari.
- New Yorkers can participate by choosing from 120 “wild” attractions around the city and capturing a photo of each for a chance to win irresistible prizes.
- There are several prize levels available, including a special Grand Prize. Entry to win these prizes increases for hitting certain milestones (ex: Escape for 2 to Belize for completing 10/120 or Whale Watching Tour for 4 With WCS Scientists for completing 50/120).
- From now to August, participants can capture each attraction using Instagram or Twitter with #NYisWild along with the number of the clue (ex: #NYisWild, #84).
- Keep track of all progress on NYisWild.com by logging in via an Instagram or Twitter account
- This site also serves as the only destination for all news & information about this new campaign.
- Download the full list of all 120 attractions and have fun exploring!
-by Denise Courter
Denise Courter is the Founder and Publisher of FiDiFamilies, a website for Lower Manhattan